Tuesday 12 July 2011

Sundays Dinner Is Cheese

Aaaaaaarrrrhh,

I can`t get fishing out of my tiny brain, I`m planning my next trip to the banks of the Trent for this Sunday and its only bloody Tuesday bwaahhh!, no time before then, real life getting in the way.

A work buddy swears by cheese as a bait in the Trent, especially for big Chub and Barbel, I`m usually a worm and maggot man though recently I' ve mixed it up with Halibut and Trout pellets but my catch rates have been poor to be honest, a few small Perch though I did catch my Pb Chub, about a pound and a bit hahahaha!

I put this down to being away from fishing for too many years and being out of practice but practice makes perfect as they say so I`m going to give cheese a go.

Not sure what kind yet, there`s a Liddle nearby, I`ll pop in and do a sniff and texture test, something that`s got plenty of pong but is firm enough to stay on the hair or hook depending on which I use.

I`ll just have to be patient and make sure I `m properly prepared for Sundays trip, tonight I`ll sort out my tackle box that should help keep my butterflies at bay.

Any tips on cheese baits from you loyal readers would be appreciated, in the meantime here`s a picture of a Chub, caught on cheese of course.

No comments: